Q. Where can I apply for, or make a payment on, a Walmart credit card?
A. The links below should supply everything you need, whether you are applying for a Wal-Mart credit card for the first time or are an existing customer:
1. Wal-Mart Money Center: Credit Cards – Portal page to all of Wal-Mart’s credit cards and credit card-related offers. Apply for the Wal-Mart MasterCard that offers cash back at Wal-Mart and on all other purchases, or the Wal-Mart store credit card that can only be used at Wal-Mart stores. If you already have a Wal-Mart credit card, you can access your account online to make a credit card payment, check balance, etc.
While both Walmart cards offer no annual fee and 5 cents off per gallon on Wal-Mart gas, only the Wal-Mart MasterCard can be used outside of Wal-Mart stores and only the MasterCard offers 1% cash back on your purchases. (www.walmart.com)
2. Wal-Mart Credit Card Account Login and Bill Payment – Log in to your Wal-Mart credit card account here to pay your bill, check current balance, request a credit limit increase, or update contact information. You can also register for online access if you haven’t done so previously. (www2.onlinecreditcenter6.com)
3. Wal-Mart Credit Card Application – Go here to apply for “instant credit” with a Walmart credit card — a single application allows you to apply for the Wal-Mart MasterCard or Wal-Mart Store Credit Card, BUT you must sign in or create a Walmart.com account in order to apply online. (You will be considered for the Walmart MasterCard first, but may be approved for the store-only card if not approved for the MasterCard.) (www.walmart.com)
4. Walmart Credit Card FAQs – This page tells you how to apply for a Wal-Mart credit card, how to check the status of your application, how to report a lost or stolen card (or a card that never arrived), how to use your credit account even before you’ve received the actual card, more. (www.walmart.com)
5. Walmart Credit Card Terms & Conditions – Go here to see the interest rate, fees, and other rules associated with having a Wal-Mart Discover Card or Wal-Mart store card. (chb.onlinecreditcenter6.com)
6. Walmart Online Credit Card Account Help – This page is actually only marginally helpful; most of the information pertains to applying successfully for a Walmart credit card online. However, you will find the customer service phone number to call if you need help, which was 1-877-294-7880 the last time we checked. (www2.onlinecreditcenter6.com)
7. Wal-Mart Business Credit Card – Go here to apply for the Wal-Mart credit card targeted to business owners. (www.onlinecreditcenter4.com)
8. Walmart Community Account Application – Go here to apply for a special Walmart credit account for “governmental agencies and non-profit organizations only, such as: charily, hospitals, schools or religious organizations.” The application is online, but you must print it out and mail or fax it in. (www.onlinecreditcenter2.com)
9. Wal-Mart MoneyCard – Not a regular credit card but instead a prepaid, reloadable Visa debit card. Load money on to the card and go shopping wherever Visa debit cards are accepted. Go here to log in to your existing account, to activate your new card or check status of an application, to learn how to load your card, more. Issued by GE Money Bank with card services by Green Dot Corporation. (www.walmartmoneycard.com)
10. Wal-Mart Credit Card Special Financing Offers – Go here for info on short-term special offers for new or existing Wal-Mart credit card customers. On our last visit they were offering a $25 rebate on purchases of $75 or more on the day you sign up for and are approved for a new Walmart credit card online. (www.walmart.com)
11. Can I Use My Walmart Credit Card at Sam’s Club? – The answer to this question is yes, as you’ll see if you click through to see how Walmart and Sam’s Club credit cards can be used across stores. (www.adamanswers.com)
12. Walmart Credit Scores – This January 2012 discussion forum post reports that Walmart informed the author that instead of using the well-known FICO credit score to decide on a Walmart credit card limit increase, Walmart has actually devised its own credit scoring system. (ficoforums.myfico.com)
13. Walmart Credit Card Quotas – March 2011 blog post notes that Walmart cashiers are pushed to sign up at least 15 new credit card customers each day. The author suggests you not be one of those customers. (hopetoprosper.com)