Q. Where can I find used chainsaws for sale online?
A. There are only a few places online where you’ll find used chainsaws for sale, with eBay being the most obvious (and having the greatest number to choose from), but there are others, as you’ll see below:
- eBay – Over 5,000 used chainsaws up for auction or immediate sale here, with used Stihl chainsaws being the most plentiful, but also used Homelite, Husqvarna, Echo, McCulloch, Poulan, Craftsman, and other brands available. (www.ebay.com)
- Amazon Marketplace – Amazon doesn’t advertise it heavily, but there is a ton of used merchandise available through their site, including many used chainsaws. Unfortunately they don’t let you search the used chainsaws only — instead, you have to find a chainsaw you’re interested in, and then find out if it is also offered used by Amazon or one of their retailer partners. Many of the chainsaws listed, though, do offer used options in addition to the new — we saw 15 used chainsaws just from a quick glance at the first page of listings here, so take a look. (www.amazon.com)
- Craigslist – Click through to see current ads for used chainsaws for sale from Craigslist classified ad sites from around the country. You may also want to go directly to the Craigslist site for your city to find used chainsaws nearby. (www.google.com)
- Used / Refurbished Chainsaws at Sears Outlet – Sears offers some used / reconditioned chain saws for sale online, some requiring store pickup and not available everywhere, so you may have to check local availability by entering your zip code on the chainsaw you’re interested in. On our last visit we saw discounted Craftsman and Remington chainsaws available. (www.searsoutlet.com)
- ClassifiedAds.com – Another source for used chainsaws from private sellers. We saw used Poulan, Husqvarna, Homelite and other chainsaws listed here, but the site is kind of a mess, so you’ll have to do some digging. (www.classifiedads.com)
Other Bessed pages of interest: