Q. Where can I find blue book values for a semi truck?
A. You probably already know it’s not as easy as seeing the value of a passenger car or light truck. And it’s not as free, either. The official Kelley Blue Book does not offer values for semi trucks, and the handful of companies that do offer commercial truck values charge you for the service. Below is a list of blue book style services for getting semi truck values, along with a couple of other links that might give you an idea of your truck’s value.
- The Truck Blue Book – You can get semi truck values going back to the 1993 model year here. Use the $29.95 Single Vehicle Lookup to get the value of a single semi that you may be buying or selling, or choose to buy the printed book or online subscription at a higher price if you want more blue book style valuations. (www.truckbluebook.com)
- NADA Blue Book Commercial Truck Guides – This well-known company in the vehicle valuation business offers a number of products that can help you get your semi truck value — but only if the semi in question is from the 2000 model year or newer. You can get a one-time value estimate using the $40 Commercial Truck Guide Online Mini Pack, or you can pay for the complete Commercial Truck Guide for $140. (www.nada.com)
- Black Book Medium and Heavy Duty Truck Values – Subscription service offers blue book style values for semis and other Class 4 through Class 8 trucks. (www.blackbookusa.com)
- Truck Paper Used Semi Search – This commercial truck classifieds site does not offer blue book values, but it has such a large inventory of current semis and other trucks for sale. You may want to search its listings for the make and model of semi truck you’re interested in knowing the value of in order to see the asking price of similar trucks from other sellers. (www.truckpaper.com)
- Semi and Commercial Trucks on eBay Motors – This is more of a long shot, but you can also peruse the used semis on eBay Motors to get a sense of current values for different makes, models, and years. (www.ebay.com)