Q. I’m looking for used cars for sale priced under $1,000. Where can I see them?
A. A number of auto classifieds sites allow you to set your criteria to see only vehicles priced at $1,000 or less. Use the links below to see them — some of these have already been set to show you cars under 1,000 bucks, some require you to do a tiny bit more searching, but instructions are provided:
1. eBay Motors – Browse a list of over 3,000 used cars, trucks and SUVs for sale under $1,000 or with current auction bids under a thousand dollars. As you might expect, most of these are high-mileage vehicles, usually with 100,000 miles or more on them. You can narrow the large selection here to find cheap cars near your zip code, or to find certain makes or models. (www.ebay.com)
2. Cars.com – Over 1,000 cars are listed here from dealers and private owners at an asking price of $1,000 or less. The list is nationwide, so you’ll probably want to narrow it by zip code or other criteria such as make, model, mileage, etc. (www.cars.com)
3. Auto Trader – Over 800 used cars asking 1000 dollars or less here, from both dealers and private sellers across the country. You can change the search criteria to see only those vehicles within a certain radius of your town, and you can also narrow things down by model year, mileage, etc. (www.autotrader.com)
4. Craigslist – This link is actually specific to Houston area cars for sale under $1000, but you can easily go to the Craigslist site for almost any area of the country and search for cars listed under $1000 near you. (houston.craigslist.org)
5. iSeeCars – Over 200 used cars priced at or under $1000 listed for sale here. (www.iseecars.com)
6. UsedCarsGroup.com – About 30 used cars priced at or under a thousand bucks listed for sale here. (www.usedcarsgroup.com)