Search engines are often great, but sometimes they frustrate you. You type in some words and get a bunch of links back, but you can’t figure out which of the links will answer your question or solve your problem. Sometimes it would be nice to have a person recommend the best links for your need, or at least make sense of the many sites that claim to solve your problem. That’s the goal of Bessed (pronounced “Best”).
Q. What can you tell me about Synchrony Bank?
A. Synchrony Bank was formerly known as GE Capital Retail Bank (and GE Money Bank before that). It was formerly a division of General Electric that was spun out into its own public company. Synchrony Bank provides various credit services, including the financing behind many store credit cards and other credit offers for medical procedures, car repairs, and more.
You often don’t realize you are a customer of Synchrony Bank until you’ve already gotten a credit card (from Walmart or JCPenney or Old Navy, etc.) or accepted a finance offer through a doctor (Care Credit) or auto repair shop (Car Care One) or other company — these companies offer credit under their own name but in reality have partnered with Synchrony Bank to provide the financing. Once you accept the credit, you are actually Synchrony Bank’s customer.
Humalog is a insulin used to control the blood sugar of those with diabetes. Below are key links you’ll want to check out if you need more information about Humalog:
1. Humalog.com – The official Humalog site from drug maker Lilly USA offers information about the types of Humalog delivery options, dosage information, potential side effects and other safety information, and more. (www.humalog.com)
Q. Where is the payment center for Ally loans?
A. These days Ally only offers auto loans, and you will find all the information you need to pay your Ally loan bills via the links below. If you had a mortgage loan or insurance through GMAC (the prior name of Ally), you will need to contact the new company that took over your loan.
1. Ally Auto Account Center Login and Bill Pay – Go here for online access to your car loan or lease through Ally, including the ability to make a single one-time payment, set up automatic payments through Auto Pay, view a past bill, request a loan payoff amount, etc. (www.ally.com)
2. Ally Auto – Financing Payment Options – Go here to learn about the different ways you can pay your Ally auto loan bill, including Auto Pay automatic withdrawal from your bank account, monthly statements by mail (payment mailing address is shown on this page) or online, or by phone (note that a fee may apply for phone payments). (www.ally.com)
Q. How much does Humalog insulin cost? Is the price the same everywhere, or does it vary?
A. The price of Humalog does vary, though not very much unless you are buying from a Canadian pharmacy instead of a U.S. pharmacy (which might actually be illegal depending on where you live, by the way). Below are links to 4 sites where we’ve found Humalog available online, with the price of Humalog listed for each:
1. HealthWarehouse.com – Humalog for sale here at a price of $271.00 for a 10ml vial, $495 for a box of 5 3ml cartridges, and other options available at various prices. (www.healthwarehouse.com)
2. Good Rx – This site shows you current prices for Humalog at online or real-world pharmacies like Costco, Walmart, Target, Kmart, Kroger, Publix, Walgreens, CVS, Rite-Aid and more. (www.goodrx.com)
Q. Where can I see trucks for sale under $1000?
A. Your options are limited, but we’ve supplied a half dozen links below that list trucks for sale under a thousand bucks:
1. eBay Motors – About 30 pickup trucks and other trucks priced under $1000. most up for auction but a few available to buy immediately. Mostly older Ford pickups, Chevy C/K pickup trucks, etc., plus a few project trucks that will need some work to get running again. (www.ebay.com)
2. Cars.com – About 100 used pickup trucks listed for sale under $1000 nationwide at this classifieds site, including trucks from both dealers and private owners. As you might expect, most of these trucks are from model years between the late 1980s and the early 2000s with fairly high mileage. You can narrow the selection to your particular area by changing the zip code to something closer to home. (www.cars.com)
Q. Where do I get a Marshalls credit card? How do I pay my bill?
A. The Marshalls credit card is confusing, because the card is actually called the TJX credit card (TJX is the parent company of Marshalls), and it can be used at Marshalls as well as at TJ Maxx and other TJX stores. The links below should give you everything you need, whether you are applying for a new Marshalls credit card or want to pay your bill online:
1. TJX / Marshalls Credit Cards – The name of the card doesn’t say Marshalls, but the TJX Rewards Card and TJX MasterCard are actually Marshalls credit cards (as well as the credit cards of TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, and Sierra Trading Post). The TJX Rewards Card is for store-only use, while the TJX Rewards MasterCard can be used at Marshalls and its sister stores as well as anywhere else MasterCard is accepted. Both cards earn rewards points good toward future $10 TJX Rewards certificates. You can apply for either Marshalls credit card online here. (www.tjxrewards.com)
2. Marshalls Credit Card Online Login and Bill Pay – Click through to log in and make a payment online on your Marshalls / TJX Rewards credit card bill. (www.reviewmyaccount.com)
Q. Where can I find vans for sale that carry up to 15 passengers?
A. You can buy 15-passenger vans new from dealers or check out the handful of sources that sell them used. The links below lead you to both options:
1. Ford Transit Vans – The successor to the Ford E-Series vans offers a version for 15 passengers. Go here for photos, features and specs, and info on local dealers that have these vans for sale. (www.ford.com)
2. Chevrolet Express – The Chevy Express Extended Wheelbase Passenger Van offers seating for 15. Go here for other features and specs and info on how to buy one new. (www.chevrolet.com)
Q. How can I apply for a Home Depot credit card?
A. You can apply for all current Home Depot credit cards online as well as in Home Depot stores. Below are links to applications for the main Home Depot credit cards, along with a few other links related to the cards that might also be helpful.
1. Home Depot Consumer Credit Card Application – This link takes you directly to the Home Depot consumer credit card application. This card is issued in partnership with Citibank, and the online application is actually on the Citi Web site. (www.citicards.com)
2. The Home Depot Commercial Revolving Charge Account Application – Apply online for this Home Depot credit card for business use, which allows you to track purchases by PO name or Job Name / Job Number. This card can be paid off each month or you can choose to “revolve” balances from one billing period to the next. (www.accountonline.com)
Q. How do I log in to my First National Bank of Omaha account?
A. The first link below should get you what you need, and we’ve linked to a few other pages in case you are having trouble or need to enroll for online access:
1. First National Bank of Omaha Login – Go here to log in to your FNB Omaha account. (www.firstnational.com)
Q. What are my options for making a payment on my Gander Mountain credit card?
A. You can make a payment online or via mail. See the links below for the login page or mailing address you need to make a payment. Note that there are separate login areas and addresses depending on if you have the Gander Mountain MasterCard or the Gander Mountain store-only credit card:
1. Gander Mountain MasterCard – Login & Bill Pay – If you have the Gander Mountain MasterCard, you can use this link to log in to your account and make an online payment. (Note that you will be on a Web site from Comenity Bank, the issuer of Gander Mountain credit cards.) (d.comenity.net)
2. Gander Mountain Store Credit Card – Login & Bill Pay – If you have the Gander Mountain credit card good only for purchases at a Gander Mountain store, go here to log in to your account online and make a payment. (d.comenity.net)
Q. How can I make my Belk credit card payment?
A. We’re always surprised at this question, as it’s easy to pay your Belk credit card bill online. Click through on the link below, then log in on the main Belk credit card page:
1. Belk Credit Card Login and Bill Pay – Click through and log in to access your Belk credit card account and pay your bill online. If you don’t yet have a User ID and password, you’ll find a “Register Here” link that will start you on your way to paying online. (www.belkcredit.com)
2. Belk Credit Card Payment Mailing Address – When you click this link, you will find a list of answers to common questions about Belk, including a section on the Belk Rewards Card. Within that Belk credit card section you’ll find the Belk credit card payment mailing address: Belk, P.O. Box 960012, Orlando, FL 32896-0012. (www.belk.com)
Q. What are my options for paying my First National Bank of Omaha credit card bill?
A. You can pay your First National Bank bill online, you can set up automatic payments, or you can mail in a payment. The links below will lead you to all of those options as well as pages that will help if you need to contact First National Omaha:
1. First National Bank Omaha Login & Bill Pay – Go here to log in to your First National Bank of Omaha credit card account and pay your bill online. If you haven’t paid online in the past, use the “Enroll” link found at the site to register for online access. (www.firstnational.com)
2. First National Bank of Omaha Credit Card Payment Mailing Address – Within this page of contact information is the credit card payment mailing address for First Omaha — it is Bankcard Payment Processing, PO Box 2557, Omaha, NE 68103-2557. (www.firstnational.com)
Q. What are my options for making a payment on my Home Depot credit card?
A. You can pay your Home Depot credit card bill online or by mail. See the links below to log in and pay your bill online or to find the Home Depot credit card payment mailing address:
1. The Home Depot Secure Sign-On – Log in here to pay your Home Depot credit card bill online and otherwise manage your account. If you do not have a login ID and password, click the Register Now button to sign up for online account access. Note that you can also find customer service phone numbers on the right side of this page by clicking the “+” sign next to one of the Home Depot cards listed. (You may note that you are on a Citibank site when you click here; Citi is the issuer of the Home Depot credit card.) (www.accountonline.com)
2. Home Depot Credit Card Payment Address – You actually won’t find this on the Home Depot site; we had to call and ask. The Home Depot credit card payment mailing address is Home Depot, P.O. Box 182676, Columbus, OH 43218-2676.
Q. Where can I find signs or lights that remind us “Jesus is the reason for the season” at Christmas?
A. Despite the fact that this saying/slogan has become increasingly popular in recent years, it is still not so easy to find resources for signs or lighting displays that proclaim the message. However, we have listed 10 sites below where you will find indoor or outdoor decorations that do just that:
1. Christmas Lights Etc. – Red, white and green lights make up this lit yard sign reminding passers-by of the reason for the season. (www.christmaslightsetc.com)
2. eBay – Over 100 banners, signs, and displays with the message “Jesus is the Reason for the Season” here, up for auction or immediate sale. You’ll also see other items with this message, too, including tins, ornaments, clothing, more. (www.ebay.com)
Q. What information is available about credit cards issued by Synchrony Bank?
A. Synchrony Bank (formerly named GE Capital Retail Bank) is the issuing bank behind many well-known retailer credit cards, including Wal-Mart credit cards, the JCPenney credit card, Care Credit medical financing, and many more. (The bank was formerly part of General Electric, but was spun off into a new company named Synchrony Bank.) If you have a card issued by Synchrony Bank and need information on the card or need to contact the company, the links below should get you started.
1. Synchrony Bank Credit Cards – Online Login and Bill Pay – If you already have a Synchrony Bank / GE Capital credit card, go here to log in or register online and make a bill payment, check your balance, update your account information, etc. (www.mysynchrony.com)
2. Synchrony Bank / GE Capital Customer Service Phone Number – Go here to find the credit card customer service telephone number for your Synchrony Bank-issued credit card. (www.synchronyfinancial.com)
First National Bank of Omaha provides a variety of banking services to customers in the Midwest and beyond. Below are key links to access the bank’s services online or to learn more about the bank:
1. First National Bank of Omaha (Official Site) – Log in to your account with First National Bank of Omaha or learn about their financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including deposit accounts, loans, credit cards, investing services, more. (www.firstnational.com)
Q. Where can I find Ally Bank locations and bank branches?
A. This question is asked by many people, and the reason it’s difficult to find Ally Bank branches is that there are none. Ally Bank is an Internet-only bank, meaning all transactions are done online or via phone or mail — there are no physical branches to visit. Need more proof? Check out the links below for confirmation:
1. Where Can I Find an Ally Bank Location? – Within this list of answers to frequently asked questions, you’ll find this paragraph: “Ally is an online bank, and you can find us at www.ally.com. We don’t have physical bank branches, and we don’t have a lot of the expenses that come with operating them. It’s one way we are able to keep our rates competitive.” In other words, you can’t go to an Ally Bank branch, you can only deal with them over the Internet or by phone or e-mail. (www.ally.com)
2. Ally.com – As an Internet only bank, Ally.com is the only location for customers of Ally Bank to interact with the company and learn how to open accounts and manage the money you have with Ally Bank. (www.ally.com)
Q. Where can I find used kayaks for sale online?
A. There are many sites that sell used kayaks, the trick is finding one that will ship to you, or that is in your area for pickup. Below are 10 sites that offer used kayaks or run classified ads for used kayaks for sale from private owners. We’ve tried to let you know if shipping is available or not on these, although for some of the classifieds sites, it’s on a case-by-case basis. Good luck!
1. eBay – Over 200 used kayaks up for auction or immediate sale here, including Perception, Wilderness Systems, Dagger and other brands. One person, tandem and 3-person kayaks, including classic and sit on top kayaks. Some come with paddles, some without. Used Kayak racks from Thule and other brands, used paddles, etc. also available. (sporting-goods.shop.ebay.com)
2. Paddler’s Cove – About a dozen used kayaks here last we checked, including Necky, Ocean Kayak, Old Town and more. (www.paddlerscove.com)
Q. What is the price for Lantus insulin? Is it the same everywhere, or do some places offer it cheap in comparison to others?
A. The cost for Lantus insulin varies, though the range of prices is not much different unless you are willing to go over the border to Canada (which may not be legal). Check the links below for information on current Lantus insulin prices in the U.S. as well as some discussion on past Lantus prices.
1. Lantus Insulin at HealthWarehouse.com – Last time we checked here, a 10m vial of Lantus cost $295.00. (www.healthwarehouse.com)
2. Lantus Savings Card – The makers of Lantus offer this savings card which promises “You’ll pay no more than $25 per Lantus SoloStar prescription.” Certain restrictions apply, which are not very well explained on their site, but with the high price of Lantus, this is obviously something you’ll want. (www.lantus.com)