Search engines are often great, but sometimes they frustrate you. You type in some words and get a bunch of links back, but you can’t figure out which of the links will answer your question or solve your problem. Sometimes it would be nice to have a person recommend the best links for your need, or at least make sense of the many sites that claim to solve your problem. That’s the goal of Bessed (pronounced “Best”).
Q. How can I check the balance on my EBT card?
A. It depends on the state you are in. Below is a list of links, by state, that allow you to check your EBT card balance online, or that give you instructions on how do check it elsewhere:
1. Alabama EBT Card Account Login – Go here to sign in to your Alabama EBT card account and view your card balance online. (www.ebt.acs-inc.com)
2. Alaska EBT Card Login – Log in to see the balance on your Alaska EBT card from this site administered by Chase Bank. (ucard.chase.com)
3. Arizona EBT Card Account Login – Sign in to view the balance on your Arizona EBT card from this site administered by Chase Bank. (ucard.chase.com)
Q. How can I apply for a Target credit card, and what are my options for making payments?
A. You can apply for a Target credit card online, in a Target store or print out an application to send in for approval. If you already have a Target credit card, you can access your card account and make payments online or by mail. Below are the main links you’ll need to get a Target credit card, make a payment, or learn more about what they have to offer:
1. Target REDCard – Official Site – This page leads to you to information and application info for the Target credit card and Target Debit Card (which happen to be red) from Target National Bank. The Target credit card can be used only to charge at Target stores or at Target.com, and you get 5% off on all purchases you make with the card. You can also manage your Target account online here, including viewing balances, past credit card statements, make a payment, and other services. Holders of the Target Visa can pay bills online, but you can no longer apply for new Target Visa cards — only the store REDcard is still issued to new customers. (www.target.com)
2. REDCard Sign In – Go here for the direct login to your existing Target store credit card or Target Visa account. You can also activate your Target Visa here if you just got one. (rcam.target.com)
Q. What are my options for paying my First National Bank of Omaha credit card bill?
A. You can pay your First National Bank bill online, you can set up automatic payments, or you can mail in a payment. The links below will lead you to all of those options as well as pages that will help if you need to contact First National Omaha:
1. First National Bank Omaha Login & Bill Pay – Go here to log in to your First National Bank of Omaha credit card account and pay your bill online. If you haven’t paid online in the past, use the “Enroll” link found at the site to register for online access. (www.firstnational.com)
2. First National Bank of Omaha Credit Card Payment Mailing Address – Within this page of contact information is the credit card payment mailing address for First Omaha — it is Bankcard Payment Processing, PO Box 2557, Omaha, NE 68103-2557. (www.firstnational.com)
Q. What are my options for making my Capital One credit card payment?
A. You can pay your Capital One credit card bill online, by phone, or by mail. Use the links below to log in and pay or to find the right phone number / mailing address.
1. Capital One Credit Card Account Login and Bill Pay – Log in here to pay your Capital One credit card bill online and/or to view statements, make changes to your account, etc. If you haven’t paid online before, click the “Need to Enroll” link to register for online account access. (servicing.capitalone.com)
2. Capital One Credit Card Payments By Phone – Go here for the Capital One customer service telephone number to make a bill payment by phone, as well as other Capital One phone numbers that may be helpful. (www.capitalone.com)
Q. What information is available about credit cards issued by Synchrony Bank?
A. Synchrony Bank (formerly named GE Capital Retail Bank) is the issuing bank behind many well-known retailer credit cards, including Wal-Mart credit cards, the JCPenney credit card, Care Credit medical financing, and many more. (The bank was formerly part of General Electric, but was spun off into a new company named Synchrony Bank.) If you have a card issued by Synchrony Bank / GE Capital and need information on the card or need to contact the company, the links below should get you started.
1. Synchrony Bank Credit Cards – Online Login and Bill Pay – If you already have a Synchrony Bank / GE Capital credit card, go here to log in or register online and make a bill payment, check your balance, update your account information, etc. (www.mysynchrony.com)
2. Synchrony Bank / GE Capital Customer Service Phone Number – Go here to find the credit card customer service telephone number for your Synchrony Bank-issued credit card. (www.synchronyfinancial.com)
Q. How can I apply for a Target credit card? Where is the application?
A. You can apply via the Internet, or download an application online that you can either send in or bring in to a Target store to apply. Check out the links below for application and other relevant info on the Target Red Card credit card:
1. Target Credit Card Online Application – Use this link to go directly to the Target credit card application and apply for a REDcard online. (www.target.com)
2. Printable Target Credit Account Application – Print out this Target credit card application, fill it out, and send it in via regular mail to the address shown on the application. The application is in PDF format. (img1.targetimg1.com)
Q. How can I apply for a Home Depot credit card?
A. You can apply for all current Home Depot credit cards online as well as in Home Depot stores. Below are links to applications for the main Home Depot credit cards, along with a few other links related to the cards that might also be helpful.
1. Home Depot Consumer Credit Card Application – This link takes you directly to the Home Depot consumer credit card application. This card is issued in partnership with Citibank, and the online application is actually on the Citi Web site. (www.citicards.com)
2. The Home Depot Commercial Revolving Charge Account Application – Apply online for this Home Depot credit card for business use, which allows you to track purchases by PO name or Job Name / Job Number. This card can be paid off each month or you can choose to “revolve” balances from one billing period to the next. (www.accountonline.com)
Q. What are my options for paying my Verizon bill?
A. You have multiple options for paying your bill, including paying online, setting up automatic payments, paying by mail, or via your cell phone. Below you’ll find links to pay in any of these ways:
1. My Verizon – Pay Online – Log in to your Verizon account here to make your payment online. (www.verizonwireless.com)
2. My Verizon Mobile App – Pay By Phone or Automatically – You can pay your bill via the My Verizon mobile app or you can set up automatic payments and have Verizon alert you when payment is made. Available for Apple iPhone or Android phones. (www.verizonwireless.com)
Q. Where can I find used church pews?
A. As you might guess, there aren’t a ton of resources for used church pews, but we know the most likely sources, including:
1. UsedChurchFurniture.com – Offers pages and pages of listings of used church pews for sale from churches around the country. Includes prices and contact information for all sales. You can also find a page on this site advertising free used pews, but be aware the free ones go fast. (www.usedpews.org)
2. eBay – On our last visit there were over a dozen auctions of used church pews here, some up for bidding but others also offered for sale directly (without the auction). Includes both newer and antique wood pews, some padded and some not. (www.ebay.com)
Q. Where do I log in to my AT&T Universal Card account?
A. Below are 6 links that will lead you to login pages for the (no-longer-offered) AT&T Universal Card as well as customer service links if you have any trouble logging in:
1. Log In from AT&T Universal Card Home Page – The home page of the site dedicated to the AT&T Universal Card includes a login area along the right-hand side. Go there to log in or use the Register button if you haven’t accessed your account online before. (www.accountonline.com)
2. AT&T Universal Secure Sign-On – This is simply a different page where you can log on to your AT&T Universal Card account and pay your bill, manage your account, etc. It is located on the site of Citibank, the actual issuer of the card. (www.accountonline.com)
Q. What are my options for making a payment on my Gander Mountain credit card?
A. You can make a payment online or via mail. See the links below for the login page or mailing address you need to make a payment. Note that there are separate login areas and addresses depending on if you have the Gander Mountain MasterCard or the Gander Mountain store-only credit card:
1. Gander Mountain MasterCard – Login & Bill Pay – If you have the Gander Mountain MasterCard, you can use this link to log in to your account and make an online payment. (Note that you will be on a Web site from Comenity Bank, the issuer of Gander Mountain credit cards.) (d.comenity.net)
2. Gander Mountain Store Credit Card – Login & Bill Pay – If you have the Gander Mountain credit card good only for purchases at a Gander Mountain store, go here to log in to your account online and make a payment. (d.comenity.net)
Q. Which trucks and SUVs have the highest towing capacity?
A. The chart below ranks 40+ trucks and SUVs based on maximum towing capacity, with the best capacity vehicles first. Only vehicles with a maximum capacity of at least 5,000 lbs. are on this list:
1. Ford Super Duty Trucks – Ford’s Super Duty trucks encompass F-250, F-350, and F-450 models, with the F-450 having a maximum 5th wheel towing capacity of 31,200 lbs and a max 19,000 capacity with conventional trailer towing. Other vehicles in this group have different maximums, click through for a full towing capacity chart.
2. Dodge Ram 2500 & 3500 – The specs on this are a little confusing, but the largest Dodge dually pickup seems to offer a max towing capacity of 30,000 lbs.
Q. How do I check the balance on my Direct Express debit card?
A. If you get your Social Security or other government benefits loaded directly on to a Direct Express debit card, you can check your balance online, by phone, or at most automated teller machines (ATMs). See the links below to access your card balance:
1. Direct Express Login and Balance Check – You can check your Direct Express MasterCard debit card balance when you use this link to log in to your account on the Direct Express Web site. If you haven’t used the site before, you will find a “Create New User” button that will help you gain online account access. (www.usdirectexpress.com)
2. Direct Express New User Registration – If you haven’t checked your Direct Express card balance online before, you’ll need to register with the site in order to get online account access. You will need to have your Direct Express debit card in hand in order to create your account. (www.usdirectexpress.com)
Q. What are my options for paying my Sam’s Club credit card?
A. You can pay your Sam’s Club credit card online, by mail, by phone, or at a Sam’s Club or Walmart store. See the links below to access your account online or to get more information:
1. Sam’s Club Credit Card Login & Bill Pay – Go here to log in and pay your Sam’s Club store credit card or MasterCard balance online. (www.onlinecreditcenter6.com)
2. Sam’s Club Credit Card Payment Mailing Addresses and Phone Payment Numbers – Go here to find the mailing address to pay any of the Sam’s Club consumer or business credit cards. You’ll also find the customer service phone numbers to call if you want to pay your bill online or if you want to reach customer service to get a question answered. (www.onlinecreditcenter6.com)
Q. What are my options for paying my JCPenney credit card bill?
A. You can pay your JCPenney credit card bill online, by mail, or at a JCPenney store. The link below takes you to the online login and bill pay area, and the other links also provide help if you want to mail your bill or need customer service help.
1. JCPenney Credit Center – Pay Bill Online – Click through and enter your Used ID and password to log in to your JCPenney credit card account and make a bill payment online. If you don’t yet have a User ID, you can register to get online account access. Note that the JCPenney credit card is issued by Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank) and this login page is from Synchrony Bank. (www.jcpcreditcard.com)
2. JCPenney Online Credit Center – How Can I Pay My Bill? – On this page of frequently asked questions is the answer to how you may pay your credit card bill, including online options, the ability to pay at a JCPenney store, and a mailing address to pay your bill by mail. (www.onlinecreditcenter2.com)
Q. Where can I find used mobility scooters for sale?
A. Below are 8 good resources for pre-owned mobility scooters:
1. eBay.com – Over 400 used mobility scooters up for auction or immediate sale here, including relatively cheap 3-wheel and 4-wheel electric scooters from Pride, ShopRider, Rascal, Jazzy, Invacare, along with related items such as motors, controllers, used seats, etc. (www.ebay.com)
2. Marc’s Mobility – Last we checked there about a dozen used mobility scooters from Pride, Rascal, and other makers for sale here. (www.marcsmobility.com)
Q. What are my options for making my Shell credit card payment?
A. You can make your Shell credit card payment online or by mail. See the links below to reach the online payment area or to find the payment mailing address:
1. Shell Credit Card Online Login and Bill Pay – Log in to pay your Shell credit card bill here. If you don’t have a Used ID and password yet, you can use the Register Now button to sign up for online account and bill pay access. Note that you will be paying at the Citibank site, as Citi is the issuer of Shell credit cards. (www.accountonline.com)
2. Shell Credit Card Payment Mailing Addresses – Go here to find the payment mailing address for the Shell credit card, Shell MasterCard, fleet cards, etc. (www.shell.us)
Q. How do I request my unemployment payment from the Texas Workforce Commission?
A. You can do it all online, whether you’re applying for the first time or already have been getting payments from the Commission. Use the links below to find everything you need.
1. Texas Workforce Commission Unemployment Benefits Services – This page gives you information on requesting a payment from the Texas Workforce Commission if you have an active claim. You’ll need to supply the Commission with information on any earnings made each week, as well as information on your work search activities. You can also use this page to apply for unemployment benefits if you are not already receiving them. (www.twc.state.tx.us)
2. Texas Workforce Commission – Logon to Request Payment – To request a payment, you’ll need to log in via this link, with your User ID and password. If you don’t already have an ID and password, you can sign up for those here as well. You will also need to log in to check status of payments, submit work logs, change payment method, etc. (services.twc.state.tx.us)
Q. How do I make my AARP life insurance payment?
A. AARP life insurance is actually offered by New York Life insurance company, so you will be going to the New York Life site if you want to pay online, and any mailed payments will also go to New York Life. Check the links below and you should have no problem making your payment.
1. AARP New York Life Insurance – Manage My Payments – Go here to log in to your AARP life insurance account via New York Life to pay your life insurance premium online. If you don’t have a user ID and password, you can sign up for online access via a link on this page. (secure3.billerweb.com)
2. AARP Life Insurance Payment Mailing Address & Customer Service Phone Number – If you want to send in your AARP life insurance payment, you’ll find the Tampa Florida mailing address via this link. You’ll also find the telephone number for customer service if you have questions. (service.nylaarp.com)