Search engines are often great, but sometimes they frustrate you. You type in some words and get a bunch of links back, but you can’t figure out which of the links will answer your question or solve your problem. Sometimes it would be nice to have a person recommend the best links for your need, or at least make sense of the many sites that claim to solve your problem. That’s the goal of Bessed (pronounced “Best”).
Q. Where can I see SUVs for sale by owner, NOT from dealerships?
A. While it’s tough to single out private owner for-sale SUV listings from those of dealers, the 7 links below are a good start on your search:
1. Auto Trader – Over 16,000 listings of used SUVs for sale from private owners here. You’ll want to narrow the selection obviously — click through and hit the “Modify search” button to select your zip code, price range, mileage, etc. of SUV you might want to buy. (www.autotrader.com)
2. Cars.com – Almost 7,000 listings of used SUVs being sold by owners at this classifieds site. Narrow the selection by location, year, make, mileage, price, etc. to find what you want. (www.cars.com)
Q. How can I make my Synchrony Bank payment?
A. Synchrony Bank (which has officially changed its name from GE Capital Retail Bank) is the company behind many retail credit cards and other financing products, so we can’t say for sure how to pay every bill associated with Synchrony Bank, BUT most Synchrony Bank payments can be made online through the Synchrony site or by phone or mail at the central Synchrony Bank customer service locations. Use the links below and you should be able to get your payment taken care of:
1. Synchrony Bank Customer Login and Bill Payment – Use this page to log in immediately to your Synchrony Bank account to make a payment. You can also register for online access if you haven’t already. (www.mysynchrony.com)
2. Synchrony Bank Customer Service Phone Numbers – If you are having payment problems and need to contact Synchrony Bank / GE Capital Retail Bank, this page shows you where to find a contact phone number on your credit card or credit card bill, and also provides a customer service number (1-866-419-4096) if you can’t find one otherwise. (www.synchronyfinancial.com)
Q. How do I set up Auto Pay to automatically have my American Express Card bill paid each month from my bank account? How do I make changes if I’ve already enrolled for AutoPay?
A. You can set up AutoPay for American Express credit and charge cards via the American Express online account area. You’ll need to log in, choose “Pay Bill” and then look for the AutoPay link to enroll. If you’re already enrolled and want to make changes, you basically do the same thing, but instead of enrolling you will be able to edit existing information and settings. See the links below to get started:
1. American Express Login & AutoPay Setup – This link takes you to the American Express Card login area — Log in to your account, then choose your card and click “Pay Bill”, which will then give you the option to pay via Auto Pay. Once you choose AutoPay, you will be given the option to enroll. Fill out the bank account information to get set up, and you’re good to go. (online.americanexpress.com)
2. How Do I Enroll in AutoPay? – If you’ve checked out the link above, you probably don’t need this link, but, just in case, you can click through for information on how to set up automatic payments to pay your American Express card bill each month. Note that to actually set up the Auto Pay feature, you will need to log in to your American Express account online. (www.americanexpress.com)
Q. What are my options for making a payment on my Gander Mountain credit card?
A. You can make a payment online or via mail. See the links below for the login page or mailing address you need to make a payment. Note that there are separate login areas and addresses depending on if you have the Gander Mountain MasterCard or the Gander Mountain store-only credit card:
1. Gander Mountain MasterCard – Login & Bill Pay – If you have the Gander Mountain MasterCard, you can use this link to log in to your account and make an online payment. (Note that you will be on a Web site from Comenity Bank, the issuer of Gander Mountain credit cards.) (d.comenity.net)
2. Gander Mountain Store Credit Card – Login & Bill Pay – If you have the Gander Mountain credit card good only for purchases at a Gander Mountain store, go here to log in to your account online and make a payment. (d.comenity.net)
Q. Where do I get a Marshalls credit card? How do I pay my bill?
A. The Marshalls credit card is confusing, because the card is actually called the TJX credit card (TJX is the parent company of Marshalls), and it can be used at Marshalls as well as at TJ Maxx and other TJX stores. The links below should give you everything you need, whether you are applying for a new Marshalls credit card or want to pay your bill online:
1. TJX / Marshalls Credit Cards – The name of the card doesn’t say Marshalls, but the TJX Rewards Card and TJX MasterCard are actually Marshalls credit cards (as well as the credit cards of TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, and Sierra Trading Post). The TJX Rewards Card is for store-only use, while the TJX Rewards MasterCard can be used at Marshalls and its sister stores as well as anywhere else MasterCard is accepted. Both cards earn rewards points good toward future $10 TJX Rewards certificates. You can apply for either Marshalls credit card online here. (www.tjxrewards.com)
2. Marshalls Credit Card Online Login and Bill Pay – Click through to log in and make a payment online on your Marshalls / TJX Rewards credit card bill. (www.reviewmyaccount.com)
Q. How can I pay my AT&T bill by phone?
A. You actually have 4 different options to pay by telephone (depending on the capabilities of your phone):
1. For wireless customers, call 800-331-0500 or call 611 from your AT&T cell phone and following the voice prompts to make a payment. If you are an AT&T landline customer or U-Verse customer the phone number is 800-288-2020.
2. Wireless customers can call *PAY (also known as *729) from your AT&T wireless phone and follow the directions to make payment.
Q. Where can I get a Kohl’s credit card and pay my Kohl’s bills online?
A. You can apply for a Kohl’s credit card online and also access your account and pay bills online at the Kohl’s site. Below are the key links you’ll need, along with a couple of other links of interest about the Kohl’s credit card:
1. Kohl’s Charge Account Application – Go here to apply for the Kohl’s credit card, which can be used at any Kohl’s store or online at kohls.com, but not at other stores. Once approved, you’ll get 20% off on your next Kohl’s purchase with the card. (apply.kohls.com)
2. My Kohl’s Charge – If you already have a Kohl’s credit card, go here to log in and make a bill payment or otherwise manage your account. If you do not have a login ID and password, you can register for those here, and then pay your card bill online. (credit.kohls.com)
Q. What are my options for paying my AT&T bill?
A. AT&T offers a lot of services these days, so your options vary depending on which services you have. In all cases, you can pay your bill online or by mail, plus you may have other options as well. The trick to making a payment online, of course, is finding what page is the right page. Below are 10 links that should take you to every login page or piece of info you need to get your AT&T bill paid, regardless of the services you have:
1. Manage Your AT&T Accounts – This is the hub to pay any AT&T bill online — choose AT&T Wireless, AT&T home phone / Internet, or AT&T’s U-Verse service and make a payment online. Log in with your current username and password or register for online access. (www.att.com)
2. Contact AT&T – Problems paying your bill? Go here for answers — you’ll find answers to common questions as well as customer service phone numbers for AT&T home phone, wireless, TV, and Internet services. (www.att.com)
Q. How do I make my Orchard Bank credit card payment?
A. By this point you should be aware that Orchard Bank credit cards no longer exist, having been purchased by Capital One and re-branded as Capital One credit cards. Therefore, you will make your payments via the Capital One site:
1. Capital One Credit Card Account Login and Bill Pay – Use your Login ID and password to gain access to your former Orchard Bank (now Capital One) account and pay your credit card bill online. If you don’t yet have an ID and password, click the “Register” button to start the process for online access. (servicing.capitalone.com)
2. Enroll in Capital One Online Banking – If you haven’t already established online access with Capital One, you can register your account here. (login.capitalone.com)
Q. Where can I see a list of credit cards from department stores and other retailers?
A. We’ve got a list of over 50 department credit cards and other store cards right here:
1. Target REDCard – Apply for a Target stores credit card. Target RED card offers a 5%-off reward on all card purchases. (www.target.com)
Q. Where can I get a Kohl’s credit card application? Can I apply online?
A. You can apply for a Kohl’s credit card online or in a Kohl’s store. The links below will direct you to the online application as well as other helpful info:
1. Kohl’s Charge Application – Go to this page and click the Apply Now! button to get to the Kohl’s credit card application. You might want to note the message that says “Most applications can be processed within 60 seconds. In some instances, an application may require additional time to process, and the account may not be available for immediate use.” (apply.kohls.com)
2. My Kohl’s Charge – This page provides an alternate way to reach the Kohl’s credit card application (or log in to your account if you already have the card). (www.kohls.com)
Q. Where can I find Ally Bank locations and bank branches?
A. This question is asked by many people, and the reason it’s difficult to find Ally Bank branches is that there are none. Ally Bank is an Internet-only bank, meaning all transactions are done online or via phone or mail — there are no physical branches to visit. Need more proof? Check out the links below for confirmation:
1. Ally Bank – About Us – Click through to this page and you’ll find this paragraph: “As an online bank, our customers manage accounts on their phones, tablets or desktop computers. Without physical branch locations, we can offer great rates, around-the-clock support and easy access to cash at any ATM nationwide.” (www.ally.com)
2. Ally.com – As an Internet only bank, Ally.com is the only location for customers of Ally Bank to interact with the company and learn how to open accounts and manage the money you have with Ally Bank. (www.ally.com)
Q. How do I apply for a Lowe’s credit card?
A. There are actually a number of Lowe’s credit cards — a consumer credit card and 3 business credit card options. You can apply for any of them online:
1. Lowe’s Consumer Credit Card Application – This link takes you to the Lowe’s credit card for consumers, issued by Synchrony Bank. The card offers you 5% off on all Lowe’s purchases, and you can also get 0% financing on purchases of $299 or more. (apply.lowes.com)
2. Lowe’s Business Rewards American Express Application – Apply for the Lowe’s business card that offers 5% off Lowe’s purchases plus a points program that can earn you gift cards toward future Lowe’s purchases. Accepted at Lowe’s and anywhere else that takes American Express. (www262.americanexpress.com)
Q. What is up with Comenity Bank / WFNNB? Who are they and how do I reach them if I have a problem?
A. Comenity Bank is a bank that issues many credit cards in partnership with retail stores or other businesses. It was formerly know as World Financial Network Bank (or WFNNB), and is a subsidiary of Alliance Data, a company that provides a variety of “private label” financial services for retailers and other clients.
If you are trying to reach Comenity Bank / WFNNB by phone or otherwise, you can find the correct number via the Comenity Website linked below. The other links provide further info about Comenity Bank, as well as a partial list of the credit cards issued by the bank.
1. Comenity – Go here for the home page of Comenity Bank’s parent company, where you can learn more about the company and also find customer service phone numbers for credit cards issued by Comenity Bank / World Financial Network National Bank. (www.comenity.net)
Q. Where can I find cool outdoor decorations for Halloween?
A. We’ve collected over a dozen sites, listed below, where you can either buy spooky outdoor Halloween decorations or get ideas for DIY decorations to make from your own materials:
1. Spirit Halloween – Good selection of outdoor Halloween props, lights, inflatables and related decor, at decent prices. Among the decorations — rising from the grave zombie, fog machine, inflatable black cat, plastic hanging skeleton, glow-in-the-dark spray paint, black lights, strobe lights, inflated cemetery archway, much more. (www.spirithalloween.com)
2. The Holiday Light Store – Large-scale Halloween light displays for sale here, including animated lighted scarecrow, animated lit bat, pumpkin carriage, light-up ghost who says “Boo!”, Frankenstein, skull light sets, more. (www.theholidaylightstore.com)
3. eBay – Almost 1,000 Halloween decorations for outside decorating here, including a lot of Halloween flags, light sets, inflatable Halloween decorations, lighted outdoor decorations, pumpkin pathway lights, more. (www.ebay.com)
Q. What are my options for paying my First National Bank of Omaha credit card bill?
A. You can pay your First National Bank bill online, you can set up automatic payments, or you can mail in a payment. The links below will lead you to all of those options as well as pages that will help if you need to contact First National Omaha:
1. First National Bank Omaha Login & Bill Pay – Go here to log in to your First National Bank of Omaha credit card account and pay your bill online. If you haven’t paid online in the past, use the “Enroll” link found at the site to register for online access. (www.firstnational.com)
2. First National Bank of Omaha Credit Card Payment Mailing Address – Within this page of contact information is the credit card payment mailing address for First Omaha — it is Bankcard Payment Processing, PO Box 2557, Omaha, NE 68103-2557. (www.firstnational.com)
Q. Where can I find a Walmart credit card application online?
A. Use the links below to find the application for Walmart consumer credit cards as well as business and other cards. Note that you can also apply for Wal-Mart credit cards in-store.
1. Walmart Credit Card Application – This link takes you to the Walmart credit card application, BUT you will be forced to register for a Walmart.com account first if you want to apply online. If that’s OK with you (and it’s no big deal really but still a hassle), you can apply online. You will be considered for the Walmart MasterCard but you might instead be offered the Walmart store card, depending on your credit history. Walmart credit cards are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly known as GE Capital Retail Bank). (www.walmart.com)
2. Walmart Credit Cards – Terms & Conditions – Before you apply for a Walmart credit card, you may want to check this page that lays out interest rate info (a 22.90% rate), potential fees, etc. (chb.onlinecreditcenter6.com)
Q. Where can I shop online that allows me to buy today but pay later?
A. Below are 14 links that will help you find stores that allow you to buy now and pay later, from clothing to electronics to furniture:
1. PayPal Credit – Offers & Store Directory – Previously known as Bill Me Later, PayPal Credit offers a list of current offers from stores giving you the opportunity to make purchases today and pay later — often at a 0% interest rate. Be careful, though: most of these offers say that you will be charged interest from the date of purchase if you don’t completely pay off your balance on time — usually at a very high interest rate. (shopping.paypal.com)
2. Rent-A-Center – “Rent to own” is sometimes thought of as interchangeable with “buy now pay later” because you get the item you want and pay for it over a period of time (usually at a high interest rate). Rent-A-Center is one of the best known rent-to-own stores, offering furniture, TVs and other electronics, computers, major appliances and more on a Buy Now Pay Later basis. There’s no credit check, making it attractive for those with bad credit histories. (www6.rentacenter.com)
Q. What are my options for paying my BP credit card bill?
A. BP credit cards are now issued by Synchrony Bank instead of Chase, so you will be making your payment to Synchrony Bank. You can make your BP credit card payment online as well as by mail or by phone. Check the links below to access all the options:
1. BP Credit Card Login and Bill Pay – Click through to find the BP credit card login area. If you previously had the BP card from Chase, you will need to re-register your new card with Synchrony Bank in order to pay online. (www.onlinecreditcenter6.com)
2. BP Credit Card Payment Address and Customer Service Phone Number – This link from our sister site Credit Card Catalog will give you the BP credit card mailing address and BP credit card / Synchrony Bank customer service telephone number.