Search engines are often great, but sometimes they frustrate you. You type in some words and get a bunch of links back, but you can’t figure out which of the links will answer your question or solve your problem. Sometimes it would be nice to have a person recommend the best links for your need, or at least make sense of the many sites that claim to solve your problem. That’s the goal of Bessed (pronounced “Best”).
Q. Where can I shop online that allows me to buy today but pay later?
A. Below are 12 links that will help you find stores that allow you to buy now and pay later, from clothing to electronics to furniture:
1. PayPal Credit - Offers & Store Directory - Previously known as Bill Me Later, PayPal Credit offers a list of current offers from stores giving you the opportunity to make purchases today and pay later — often at a 0% interest rate. Be careful, though: most of these offers say that you will be charged interest from the date of purchase if you don’t completely pay off your balance on time — usually at a very high interest rate. (shopping.paypal.com)
2. Rent-A-Center - “Rent to own” is sometimes thought of as interchangeable with “buy now pay later” because you get the item you want and pay for it over a period of time (usually at a high interest rate). Rent-A-Center is one of the best known rent-to-own stores, offering furniture, TVs and other electronics, computers, major appliances and more on a Buy Now Pay Later basis. There’s no credit check, making it attractive for those with bad credit histories. (www6.rentacenter.com)
Q. Where can I find blue book values for a semi truck?
A. You probably already know it’s not as easy as seeing the value of a passenger car or light truck. And it’s not as free, either. The official Kelley Blue Book does not offer values for semi trucks, and the handful of companies that do offer commercial truck values charge you for the service. Below is a list of blue book style services for getting semi truck values, along with a couple of other links that might give you an idea of your truck’s value.
1. The Truck Blue Book - You can get semi truck values going back to the 1993 model year here. Use the $20 Single Vehicle Lookup to get the value of a single semi that you may be buying or selling, or choose to buy the printed book or online subscription at a higher price if you want more blue book style valuations. (www.truckbluebook.com)
2. NADA Blue Book Commercial Truck Guides - This well-known company in the vehicle valuation business offers a number of products that can help you get your semi truck value — but only if the semi in question is from the 2000 model year or newer. You can get a one-time value estimate using the $40 Commercial Truck Guide Online Mini Pack, or you can pay for the complete Commercial Truck Guide for $120. (www.nada.com)
Q. Where can I find pumpkin stencils with Disney characters?
A. The 11 sites below, including one straight from Disney, offer pumpkin stencils of Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Disney Princesses, and more:
1. Character Pumpkin Carving Templates at Spoonful / Disney Family - Official Disney site offers free pumpkin carving patterns for a good number of your favorite Disney characters — Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck, Phineas & Ferb, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Snow White, Ariel, Tinker Bell, Maleficent, Olaf from Frozen, Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas, Monsters Inc. characters, Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater from Cars, more. (family.disney.com)
2. Halloween Printables: Disney Pumpkin Carving Patterns - Disney pumpkin carving patterns such as Ariel from Disney’s The Little Mermaid as well as Tinkerbell, Snow White, Cinderella, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Pinocchio, Donald Duck, and villains like Captain Hook, Hades and Maleficent. (www.cartoonjr.com)
Q. Where can I find pumpkin carving patterns of animals or animal faces?
A. Below we’ve listed 11 good sites for animal pumpkin stencils, including both realistic animal designs as well as cartoon versions of various animals. Some patterns are free, other require a small fee.
1. PumpkinGlow.com - This site features pumpkin carving patterns with non-Halloween themes, including the animal stencils you’ll find here — giraffe, chipmunk, koala, panther, bat, deer, zebra, lion, dog, wolf, horse, tiger, and cat. The patterns just mentioned are all free and printable from the site; they also have additional animal patterns for a small fee. (www.pumpkinglow.com)
2. World Wildlife Fund - Free pumpkin carving stencils of the WWF logo with panda bear, plus other animals including wolf, bat, elephant, owl, rhino, lion, shark and tiger patterns. Note that you have to sign up for WWF e-mail newsletters to get the free patterns. (wwf.worldwildlife.org)
Q. How do I make my AARP life insurance payment?
A. AARP life insurance is actually offered by New York Life insurance company, so you will be going to the New York Life site if you want to pay online, and any mailed payments will also go to New York Life. Check the links below and you should have no problem making your payment.
1. AARP New York Life Insurance - Manage My Payments - Go here to log in to your AARP life insurance account via New York Life to pay your life insurance premium online. If you don’t have a user ID and password, you can sign up for online access via a link on this page. (secure3.billerweb.com)
2. AARP Life Insurance Payment Mailing Address & Customer Service Phone Number - If you want to send in your AARP life insurance payment, you’ll find the Tampa Florida mailing address via this link. You’ll also find the telephone number for customer service if you have questions. (www.nylaarp.newyorklife.com)
Q. Where can I find used kitchen cabinets for sale online?
A. Your options are limited, probably because most kitchen cabinets don’t remain intact after they’ve been used and removed. However, we have found a few sources for used kitchen cabinets that are being removed or have been salvaged and are for sale online or in person at a store:
1. eBay - About 60 used kitchen cabinet lots up for auctions or immediate sale here, including installed kitchen cabinets that require a re-installation as well as freestanding kitchen cabinets and hutches. You’ll find fairly new (but used) kitchen cabinets at a deep discount as well as used retro and antique cabinets. (www.ebay.com)
2. Craigslist - This link takes you to current listings of used kitchen cabinets for sale on Craigslist classifieds sites nationwide. It’s sort of a random mix, so you may want to go directly to the Craigslist site for your area and search for used kitchen cabinets listed there. (www.google.com)
Q. Where can I find signs or lights that remind us “Jesus is the reason for the season” at Christmas?
A. Despite the fact that this saying/slogan has become increasingly popular in recent years, it is still not so easy to find resources for signs or lighting displays that proclaim the message. However, we have listed 10 sites below where you will find indoor or outdoor decorations that do just that:
1. Christmas Lights Etc. - Red, white and green lights make up this lit yard sign reminding passers-by of the reason for the season. (www.christmaslightsetc.com)
2. eBay - Over 100 banners, signs, and displays with the message “Jesus is the Reason for the Season” here, up for auction or immediate sale. You’ll also see other items with this message, too, including tins, ornaments, clothing, more. (www.ebay.com)
Q. How do I log in to my PayPal credit card account?
A. To reach your PayPal credit card account online, you actually have to log in to your standard PayPal account, then look in the My Account tab and find the Card Details option. That is how you reach your PayPal credit card account — you can’t log in to the card account directly, you must go through the PayPal home page and log on there. Use the links below to log in and reach your PayPal credit card account.
1. PayPal Login (and PayPal Credit Card Login) - As explained above, you can only reach your PayPal credit card account online by first logging in to your regular PayPal account. (www.paypal.com)
2. How Do I Make A Payment To My PayPal Extras MasterCard? - Click through and this page will tell you exactly how to reach your PayPal credit card account once logged in to PayPal. (www.paypal.com)
Q. Where can I find pumpkin patterns of Batman?
A. Below are almost a dozen sources for Batman pumpkin stencils:
1. Stoneykins.com - This page has 9 Batman pumpkin stencils, including a Batman head with bat symbol background pattern, a vintage Batman logo featuring a bat with human head and “Batman” text filling the wings, and others. Not free: you have to purchase “credits” at this site (starting at $5 for 25 credits/25 stencils) (www.stoneykins.com)
2. Pumpkin Pile - Two free Batman pumpkin stencils available here in this site’s “Superhero” section — a Batman logo and a stencil featuring Batman’s head in a three-quarters view. (www.pumpkinpile.com)
Q. Where can I find good pumpkin stencils with The Nightmare Before Christmas characters?
A. Below are just under a dozen sites with Nightmare pumpkin carving patterns. Most are of Jack Skellington, but the first site below offers some other characters, too.
1. Zombie Pumpkins - While these patterns do have a slight cost (you can buy 2 stencils for just $2), they are probably the best Nightmare Before Christmas stencils you’re going to find online. Multiple Jack Skellington stencils, Pumpkin King, Sally, Oogie Boogie, Zero, Lock Shock & Barrel, more. (www.zombiepumpkins.com)
2. Jack Skellington Template from Disney Family - Free printable pumpkin stencil of Jack from Nightmare Before Christmas, from this official Disney site. (family.go.com)
Q. How do I make my Ocwen mortgage payment?
A. You can pay your Ocwen mortgage bill online or by mail. See the links below for key info on paying your Ocwen mortgage:
1. Ocwen Mortgage Account Login - Log in to your Ocwen mortgage loan servicing account here to make your mortgage payment online and to access other mortgage information. This site was established in part for former GMAC and OneWest / IndyMac mortgage customers, but any Ocwen customer can use it. (ocwen.mortgagebanksite.com)
2. Ocwen Mortgage Payment Mailing Address - Go here to find the Ocwen mortgage payment mailing address. You’ll also find other Ocwen addresses and customer service phone numbers here. (www.ocwencustomers.com)
Q. How can I apply for a Target credit card, and what are my options for making payments?
A. You can apply for a Target credit card online, in a Target store or print out an application to send in for approval. If you already have a Target credit card, you can access your card account and make payments online or by mail. Below are the main links you’ll need to get a Target credit card, make a payment, or learn more about what they have to offer:
1. Target REDCard - Official Site - This page leads to you to information and application info for the Target credit card and Target Debit Card (which happen to be red) from Target National Bank. The Target credit card can be used only to charge at Target stores or at Target.com, and you get 5% off on all purchases you make with the card. You can also manage your Target account online here, including viewing balances, past credit card statements, make a payment, and other services. Holders of the Target Visa can pay bills online, but you can no longer apply for new Target Visa cards — only the store REDcard is still issued to new customers. (www.target.com)
2. REDCard Sign In - Go here for the direct login to your existing Target store credit card or Target Visa account. You can also activate your Target Visa here if you just got one. (rcam.target.com)
Q. Where do I go to log in to my Bank of America credit card account?
A. Below are two different links that take you to the Bank of America credit card login area, plus a handful of other links you may find useful if you are having trouble logging in.
1. Bank of America Credit Card Login - Go here to log in to your Bank of America credit card account as well as any other online banking accounts you may have with Bank of America. (www.bankofamerica.com)
2. Log In from Bank of America Home Page - You can sign in to your Bank of America credit card account and all other online banking accounts straight from the Bank of America home page. Just click through and look for the “Enter Your Online ID” message in the box at the upper left (under the Bank of America logo). (www.bankofamerica.com)
Q. Where can I find a Walmart credit card application online?
A. Use the links below to find the application for Walmart consumer credit cards as well as business and other cards. Note that you can also apply for Wal-Mart credit cards in-store.
1. Walmart Credit Card Application - This link takes you to the Walmart credit card application, BUT you will be forced to register for a Walmart.com account first if you want to apply online. If that’s OK with you (and it’s no big deal really but still a hassle), you can apply online. You will be considered for the Walmart MasterCard but you might instead be offered the Walmart store card, depending on your credit history. Walmart credit cards are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly known as GE Capital Retail Bank). (www.walmart.com)
2. Walmart Credit Cards - Terms & Conditions - Before you apply for a Walmart credit card, you may want to check this page that lays out interest rate info (a 22.90% rate), potential fees, etc. (chb.onlinecreditcenter6.com)
Q. Which SUVs offer 3rd row seating?
A. Probably a lot more than you think — in fact, below is a list of 35 SUVs with a 3rd row, with links to more info about them:
1. 2015 Acura MDX - Offers third row seats for a total of seven passengers fitting in. Pricing starts at $42,565. (www.acura.com)
2. 2014 Audi Q7 - Audi SUV offers a standard third row of seats for seating up to 7. Starting price of $47,700. (www.audiusa.com)
3. BMW X5 - Only BMW SUV with a (optional) 3rd row. Starting price of $61,525. (www.bmwusa.com)
Q. What is up with Comenity Bank / WFNNB? Who are they and how do I reach them if I have a problem?
A. Comenity Bank is a bank that issues many credit cards in partnership with retail stores or other businesses. It was formerly know as World Financial Network Bank (or WFNNB), and is a subsidiary of Alliance Data, a company that provides a variety of “private label” financial services for retailers and other clients.
Q. Where can I find used mobility scooters for sale?
A. Below are 8 good resources for pre-owned mobility scooters:
1. eBay.com - Over 400 used mobility scooters up for auction or immediate sale here, including relatively cheap 3-wheel and 4-wheel electric scooters from Pride, ShopRider, Rascal, Jazzy, Invacare, along with related items such as motors, controllers, used seats, etc. (www.ebay.com)
2. Marc’s Mobility - Last we checked there about a dozen used mobility scooters from Pride, Rascal, and other makers for sale here. (www.marcsmobility.com)
Q. Where do I go to log in to my eBay MasterCard account?
A. Your eBay MasterCard is actually integrated with your PayPal account (or you may now have a PayPal account after getting the eBay credit card), so you will actually log in to your PayPal account in order to access information about your eBay MasterCard, pay your bill, etc. See the links below for more information on how to log in to your eBay credit card account and get customer service help if needed:
1. PayPal Login / eBay MasterCard Login - As mentioned above, you will actually sign in to your eBay MasterCard account through PayPal, so this link takes you to the PayPal home page, where you can log in to your account and see eBay MasterCard activity as well as any other activity you may have done with your PayPal account. (www.paypal.com)
Q. What are my options for paying my Fingerhut bill?
A. You can pay your Fingerhut credit bill online, by mail, over the phone, and even through automatic payments from your bank account. See the links below to access all of your options:
1. Fingerhut Login and Bill Pay - Click through to sign in to your Fingerhut account and make a payment online. If you don’t already have an online account password, you can register for online access here. (www.fingerhut.com)
2. How Do I Make A Payment on My WebBank / Fingerhut Credit Account? - This page tells you how to pay your Fingerhut credit card bill online or by mail (with mailing address provided), plus offers two other options for payments. (www.fingerhut.com)