Search engines are often great, but sometimes they frustrate you. You type in some words and get a bunch of links back, but you can’t figure out which of the links will answer your question or solve your problem. Sometimes it would be nice to have a person recommend the best links for your need, or at least make sense of the many sites that claim to solve your problem. That’s the goal of Bessed (pronounced “Best”).
Q. Where can I find those artificial Christmas trees that pull up into a fully decorated tree?
A. Below are 7 good online sources for pull up & pop up Christmas trees.
1. The Bradford Exchange - A half dozen pull up / pop up Christmas trees for sale here, including traditional styles from Thomas Kinkade as well as a Disney-themed pre-lit pull up tree. (www.bradfordexchange.com)
2. eBay - About 40 new and used pull up Christmas trees up for auction or immediate sale on our last visit here, including pre-lit and/or pre-decorated pull up trees, Thomas Kinkade brand trees, more. (www.ebay.com)
Q. Where do I go to log in to my Capital One credit card account?
A. Click the first link below to find the login area for Capital One credit cards, and you may also want to check the other links related to managing your Capital One credit card account online:
1. Capital One Credit Card Login - Click through and use your username and password to access your Capital One credit card account and pay your bill, check purchase history, etc. If you don’t have a username and password, you’ll see a “Need to enroll?” link that leads to info on how to obtain those. (servicing.capitalone.com)
2. Capital One - Enroll in Online Banking - If you’ve never accessed your Capital One credit card account online before, you’ll need to click through on this link to register yourself for Capital One online banking services. (login.capitalone.com)
Q. Where can I find used chainsaws for sale online?
A. There are only a few places online where you’ll find used chainsaws for sale, with eBay being the most obvious (and having the greatest number to choose from), but there are others, as you’ll see below:
1. eBay - Over 5,000 used chainsaws up for auction or immediate sale here, with used Stihl chainsaws being the most plentiful, but also used Homelite, Husqvarna, Echo, McCulloch, Poulan, Craftsman, and other brands available. (shop.ebay.com)
2. Amazon Marketplace - Amazon doesn’t advertise it heavily, but there is a ton of used merchandise available through their site, including many used chainsaws. Unfortunately they don’t let you search the used chainsaws only — instead, you have to find a chainsaw you’re interested in, and then find out if it is also offered used by Amazon or one of their retailer partners. Many of the chainsaws listed, though, do offer used options in addition to the new — we saw 15 used chainsaws just from a quick glance at the first page of listings here, so take a look. (www.amazon.com)
Q. Where can I find outdoor Christmas & winter decorations featuring reindeer?
A. Below are 8 good sources for a variety of outdoor reindeer decorations, from life-size wireframe style reindeer to reindeer displays made solely of lights to inflatable reindeer decorations to traditional outdoor sculptures:
1. Christmas Lights Etc - Offers a number of lighted topiary lawn reindeer as well as a number of lighted reindeer silhouette displays for your yard. (www.christmaslightsetc.com)
2. Home Depot - Good selection of outdoor reindeer Christmas decorations, including lit grapevine reindeer, animated wire reindeer, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with lighted red nose, more. (www.homedepot.com)
3. eBay - Over 100 new and used outdoor reindeer decorations up for auction or immediate sale, including popular wire frame lighted reindeer sculptures, Santa and reindeer yard inflatables, reindeer flags, more. (www.ebay.com)
Q. What can you tell me about BetterBilt windows?
A. After a number of years in which it looked like the BetterBilt name was disappearing, it has been relaunched by its parent company, MI Windows & Doors, as a line of windows available exclusively at Lowe’s stores. (MI Windows and Doors bought the original BetterBilt company back in 1999.) See the links below for more info on BetterBilt windows:
1. BetterBilt Windows and Doors - The BetterBilt home page offers information on BetterBilt brand windows for homeowners or professional installers, as well as a link to the Lowe’s store locator if you want to know where to buy them near you. You’ll also find a Contact Us page if you want to contact BetterBilt’s parent company with questions. (www.betterbilt.com)
2. BetterBilt Windows Customer Service - Go here for a customer service e-mail form to reach BetterBilt Windows. (www.betterbilt.com)
Q. Where can I find sweaters for women with a Christmas theme?
A. Below are 5 good sites for women’s Christmas sweaters, from understated winter themed sweaters to loud, “ugly” Christmas designs.
1. Women’s Ugly Christmas Sweaters at Rusty Zipper Vintage Clothing - An impressive collection of especially interesting Christmas sweaters for women for sale here, with lots of snowmen, Christmas teddy bears, prancing reindeer, and snow scenes depicted, plus many more designs. (www.rustyzipper.com)
2. eBay - Over 5,000 new and pre-owned women’s Christmas sweaters up for auction or immediate sale here, from understated designs to fun, loud Christmas motifs. Regular, plus size, and juniors sizes available. (www.ebay.com)
Q. What is the price for Lantus insulin? Is it the same everywhere, or do some places offer it cheap in comparison to others?
A. The cost for Lantus insulin varies, with the biggest differences coming when you look at the prices that Canadian pharmacies offer online (but of course it may not be legal to buy from them where you are, so be careful). Check the links below for information on current Lantus insulin prices as well as some discussion on past Lantus prices.
1. Lantus Insulin at HealthWarehouse.com - Last time we checked here, a 10m vial of Lantus cost $263.38, while $395.07 would buy you 5 SoloStar pens. (www.healthwarehouse.com)
2. Lantus Savings Card - The makers of Lantus offer this savings card which promises “You’ll pay no more than $25 per Lantus SoloStar prescription.” Certain restrictions apply, which are not very well explained on their site, but with the high price of Lantus, this is obviously something you’ll want. (www.lantus.com)
Q. Where can I get one of those outdoor projectors that projects Christmas scenes and sayings, Halloween scenes, other holiday messages, etc.?
A. There are a couple of sites that specialize in holiday projectors, plus a handful of other retailers that offer limited choices but sometimes cheaper prices. See the links below:
1. HolidayProjectors.com - Offers about a dozen different holiday projector options for sale, including still slide projectors, moving image projectors, and outdoor laser light show projectors. (www.holidayprojectors.com)
2. Outdoor Christmas Projectors at eBay - You’ll find plenty of new and used outdoor projectors with Christmas themes up for auction or immediate sale via this link, including slide projectors that show a single projected image and motion projectors that allow you to have moving snowflakes or other images projected on to your house. The popular Mr. Christmas brand as well as others available last we looked. (www.ebay.com)
3. Outdoor Halloween Projectors at eBay - Find new and used outdoor projectors that project Halloween images on to your home or other surface, including single slide projectors as well as motion projectors that allow you to have moving ghosts or other images projected. (www.ebay.com)
Q. Where do I get a Marshalls credit card? How do I pay my bill?
A. The Marshalls credit card is confusing, because the card is actually called the TJX credit card (TJX is the parent company of Marshalls), and it can be used at Marshalls as well as at TJ Maxx and other TJX stores. The links below should give you everything you need, whether you are applying for a new Marshalls credit card or want to pay your bill online:
1. TJX / Marshalls Credit Cards - The name of the card doesn’t say Marshalls, but the TJX Rewards Card and TJX MasterCard are actually Marshalls credit cards (as well as the credit cards of TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, and Sierra Trading Post). The TJX Rewards Card is for store-only use, while the TJX Rewards MasterCard can be used at Marshalls and its sister stores as well as anywhere else MasterCard is accepted. Both cards earn rewards points good toward future $10 TJX Rewards certificates. You can apply for either Marshalls credit card online here. (www.tjxrewards.com)
2. Marshalls Credit Card Online Login and Bill Pay - Click through to log in and make a payment online on your Marshalls / TJX Rewards credit card bill. (www.reviewmyaccount.com)
Q. How can I apply for a Target credit card? Where is the application?
A. You can apply via the Internet, or download an application online that you can either send in or bring in to a Target store to apply. Check out the links below for application and other relevant info on the Target Red Card credit card:
1. Target Credit Card Online Application - Use this link to go directly to the Target credit card application and apply for a REDcard online. (www.target.com)
2. Printable Target Credit Account Application - Print out this Target credit card application, fill it out, and send it in via regular mail to the address shown on the application. The application is in PDF format. (img1.targetimg1.com)
Q. What are my options for making my TD Auto Finance payment?
A. The links below will show you your options for making TD Auto payments, which includes payments that were previously made to Chrysler Financial before its purchase by TD Auto:
1. TD Auto Finance Account Login and Bill Pay - Click through to find the online payment center login area for your TD Auto loan account. If you haven’t paid online via the TD Auto Finance site in the past, you will need to register for a username and password in order to pay online. (www.tdautofinance.com)
2. TD Auto Finance Payment Mailing Address and Customer Service Number - If you want to mail in your TD Auto payment, click through for the payment mailing address. (Last we checked, that address was: TD Auto Finance, PO Box 16035, Lewiston, ME 04243-9517) You can also find the TD Auto customer service phone number at this page. (It was 1-800-556-8172 last we looked.) (www.tdautofinance.com)
Q. Where can I find a used 15 passenger van for sale?
A. There are a small number of good resources for used 15 passenger vans, including:
1. eBay Motors - About 30 used 15-passenger vans up for auction or immediate sale here, including used Ford E-350 vans, Chevy Express, Dodge Ram, others. (www.ebay.com)
2. Auto Trader - Over 300 used 15 passenger vans listed from dealers and private owners from across the country here. You can modify the search by zip code to find the fifteen passenger vans closest to you. (www.autotrader.com)
Q. What information is available about credit cards issued by Synchrony Bank / GE Capital Retail Bank?
A. Synchrony Bank (formerly named GE Capital Retail Bank) is the issuing bank behind many well-known retailer credit cards, including Wal-Mart credit cards, the JCPenney credit card, Care Credit medical financing, and many more. (The bank was formerly part of General Electric, but was spun off into a new company named Synchrony Bank.) If you have a card issued by Synchrony Bank / GE Capital and need information on the card or need to contact the company, the links below should get you started.
1. Synchrony Bank / GE Capital Credit Cards - Retail Partners - This page lists 29 retailer partners that issue their credit cards in partnership with Synchrony Bank / GE Capital, along with customer service phone numbers for each one, including Amazon, American Eagle, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Dillard’s, eBay, GAP, Ikea, JCPenney, Lowe’s, Old Navy, Sam’s Club, TJ Maxx, Wal-Mart and more. (www.gecapital.com)
2. Synchrony Bank / GE Capital Credit Card - Online Login and Bill Pay - If you already have a Synchrony Bank / GE Capital credit card, go here to log in or register online and make a bill payment, check your balance, update your account information, etc. (www.mysynchrony.com)
Q. How can I make my Synchrony Bank payment?
A. Synchrony Bank (which has officially changed its name from GE Capital Retail Bank) is the company behind many retail credit cards and other financing products, so we can’t say for sure how to pay every bill associated with Synchrony Bank, BUT most Synchrony Bank payments can be made online through the Synchrony site or by phone or mail at the central Synchrony Bank customer service locations. Use the links below and you should be able to get your payment taken care of:
1. Synchrony Bank Customer Login and Bill Payment - Use this page to log in immediately to your Synchrony Bank account to make a payment. You can also register for online access if you haven’t already. (www.mysynchrony.com)
2. Synchrony Bank Customer Service Phone Numbers - If you are having payment problems and need to contact Synchrony Bank / GE Capital Retail Bank, this page shows you where to find a contact phone number on your credit card or credit card bill, and also provides a customer service number (1-866-419-4096) if you can’t find one otherwise. (www.synchronyfinancial.com)
Q. How do I set up Auto Pay to automatically have my American Express Card bill paid each month from my bank account? How do I make changes if I’ve already enrolled for AutoPay?
A. You can set up AutoPay for American Express credit and charge cards via the American Express online account area. You’ll need to log in, choose “Pay Bill” and then look for the AutoPay link to enroll. If you’re already enrolled and want to make changes, you basically do the same thing, but instead of enrolling you will be able to edit existing information and settings. See the links below to get started:
1. American Express Login & AutoPay Setup - This link takes you to the American Express Card login area — Log in to your account, then choose your card and click “Pay Bill”, which will then give you the option to pay via Auto Pay. Once you choose AutoPay, you will be given the option to enroll. Fill out the bank account information to get set up, and you’re good to go. (online.americanexpress.com)
2. How Do I Enroll in AutoPay? - If you’ve checked out the link above, you probably don’t need this link, but, just in case, you can click through for information on how to set up automatic payments to pay your American Express card bill each month. Note that to actually set up the Auto Pay feature, you will need to log in to your American Express account online. (search.americanexpress.com)
Q. What are my options for paying my Globe Life insurance payment?
A. You can pay your Globe Life insurance payment online, by mail, and possibly by phone. The links below will get you to the online bill payment center as well as provide the mailing address and phone number for Globe Life.
1. Globe Life eService Center - Online Account Login and Bill Pay - Log in with your e-mail address and password here to pay your Globe life insurance premium online. If you don’t have a password, use the site’s Register Now link to get one. (www.globeontheweb.com)
2. Globe Life Insurance Payment Mailing Address and Customer Service Phone Number - Click through to get the mailing address of Globe Life Insurance, which we believe to be the correct place to send in payments. At last check, it was: Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company, Globe Life Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73184. You will also find a toll-free customer service telephone number here — 1-800-811-3927. (www.globelifedirect.org)
Q. Where can I find a welding truck for sale?
A. This is definitely a tough one, because welding trucks are a pretty specialized thing built for just that one purpose, so they’re not widely available. However, we’ve found a handful of places to look, listed below.
1. eBay Motors - We saw 2 used welding trucks for sale here last we looked. (www.ebay.com)
2. Rock & Dirt - Four welding trucks listed for sale the last time we checked this commercial vehicle classifieds site. (www.rockanddirt.com)
Q. Where can you still find motorcycles with sidecars for sale?
A. Below is a list of almost a dozen sources for motorcycles with sidecars for sale as well as companies that sell and install sidecars on existing bikes:
1. eBay Motors - About 30 new and used motorcycles with sidecars up for auction or immediate sale here. When we last looked, the vehicles offered included several Harleys with sidecars including Harley-Davidson motorcycles with factory side cars, as well as Suzuki, Indian, Ural, and other makes of motorcycles with sidecars. (motors.shop.ebay.com)
2. Ural Russian Sidecar Motorcycles - Official North America site of Ural, one of the few manufacturers offering new motorcycles with sidecars for sale. Check out the bikes, request a brochure and find a dealer in your area here. (www.ural.com)
Q. Where can I find military surplus vehicles for sale online?
A. Below are 20+ sites that sell military surplus vehicles, either online or at their places of business.
1. GovLiquidation.com - Buy U.S. government Army surplus vehicles at this online community marketplace offering surplus and scrap assets from the United States Department of Defense. Products include a wide range of trucks, trailers, tractors, combat and tactical vehicles, cranes and passenger vehicles. Shows tons of parts and components in addition to complete vehicles, but you can narrow your search further to see just the types of vehicles you’re interested in. (www.govliquidation.com)
2. eBay Motors - Almost 100 surplus military vehicles up for auction on our last visit here, including vintage military trucks and Jeeps, as well as motorcycles, trailers and other non-traditional vehicles. (motors.shop.ebay.com)